Equity & Excellence: Access in Higher Education Conference
The 43rd Annual Conference of the
Association on Higher Education And Disability
JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa - Palm Springs, CA
July 20-24, 2020
The DeafTEC Resource Center is partnering with AHEAD to provide a unique professional development opportunity for faculty and disability services personnel on fostering equitable higher education experiences for students with disabilities.
Support for Community College Teams
- Teams from up to 20 community colleges will be selected to participate in the conference
- Each team will consist of a STEM faculty member and a staff/faculty from disability services
- Each team member will receive a $1,650 travel stipend to attend the conference
- Teams will be required to attend a pre-conference meeting on Tuesday, July 21 and a post-conference meeting on Saturday, July 25
Team members will learn from each other about challenges that they face in working with students with disabilities and how they can collaborate to overcome these challenges. Team members will be encouraged to share their experiences at the conference, what they learned, and how it will impact their teaching and support of students with disabilities, particularly deaf/hh students and student veterans with hearing loss.
How to apply
- Submit a team application by January 15, 2020
- Selected teams will be notified by February 15, 2020
Priority will be given to teams from NSF ATE centers and projects
The Association on Higher Education And Disability (AHEAD) is the leading professional membership organization for individuals committed to equity for persons with disabilities in higher education in the United States, with approximately 3,300 members, representing all 50 states and over 10 countries. AHEAD has 40 state and multistate Affiliate organizations. AHEAD members are actively engaged in disability service provision, consultation and training, and policy development on their campuses and promote accessibility across the field of higher education and beyond.
The Equity & Excellence: Access in Higher Education Conference has been an AHEAD staple since the organization’s inception in 1977 and draws 1,500 participants for unparalleled professional development and networking.